TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Application Information. We may collect the information you submit in connection with your application. This may include government identification cards or numbers and other sensitive information.
- Payment Information. For example, if you are a current resident, we may collect your billing address and payment information for rent or for a down payment or security deposit.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Post or Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We also collect information regarding the type of residences in which you may be interested. We may also collect information you submit in connection with a promotion or information that you post on a public space about our company or properties.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code. We may also collect information that could identify you and relates to your hobbies, interests and behavior.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform. This may include the type of browser you use, access times, and pages viewed. It may also include the page you visited before navigating to our Platform.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the locations or properties that may interest you.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Submit an application through our Platform.
- Book a tour.
- Request a text message.
- Submit a payment.
- Ask us a question or otherwise contact us.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Participate in a survey or focus group.
- Submit a review.
- Submit a request or schedule maintenance.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across emails, different websites and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our vendors, including those that conduct verification, background or credit check, payment and other services on our behalf.
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and analytics vendors. It may also include companies that provide consumer reviews and ratings.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your personal information include:
- To Provide Our Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for services or maintenance.
- To Improve Our Services. We may use your information to make our Platform and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what services or improvements may interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about our relationship with you. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our services, such as your eligibility for a particular property. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth, and state of residence.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about these offers. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- On Our Platform. For example, we may publicly display information you post on our social media sites or information you post in a public review of our company or our properties.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that provide collect application information, perform background checks and process payments on our behalf. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, acquire or are acquired, or sells part of our business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with information, please contact us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “Children’s Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
The Internet is not 100% secure. While we use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control, we cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for third-party sites or the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the following address: STYL Residential One North Wacker Drive Suite 1905 Chicago, IL 60606
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.